Friday, July 13, 2012

Blog Catch up

You know you've gone too long when you can't even remember your last blog post.  Since that last post, I have been doing some sewing projects but honestly sewing is at the bottom of my list these days.  I love the name of the blog called "Stop Staring and Start Sewing".  If only I would follow that mantra.  It's so easy to vicariously live through other people's blogs than sit at the sewing machine trying to find what little brain power is left that day and focus on completing a project.

This is what I've been up to.

A table runner for my sister's birthday that was in March.  I followed this great tutorial.



Liked it so much, had to make a spring one for myself.  Similar to the first one, just a couple new fabrics.



Then, my daughter wore this panda bear dress ALL winter long.  She LOVED it!!  It was worn as soon as it was washed so she wore it twice a week. 

 As you can see, there is no chance of her wearing it next winter so to preserve her fave outfit and make it last longer I turned it into a skirt.


Happy Girl.


Next, some more owls.  Loved how these turned out.


And last, 3 cozy car caddies.  One for my son for his Birthday and two for my nephews for their Birthdays.




I like this post from Cluck Cluck Sew.  I'm going to try to find the ten-15 minute windows so that my sewing with resume on my list.





No comments:

Post a Comment