Thursday, January 19, 2012

RE-commited

Since the New Year, my head has been swarming with the many projects that I wish were completed last year. I've been thinking about how I want to begin blogging again because though I haven't been sewing, the blogging world still has and there is so much to share. I have decided and realized that I can post even though I have nothing to show of my own doing except eye candy of others' accomplishments in their craft rooms.
Another concept that is new to me that I came across on some blogs is RE-purposing clothing. I love it!! This blog called Make it and Love it has so many ideas that as I was cleaning my closets this year, I decided to create a little stash so that I could try this re-purposing thing out. This year I am really trying to be more frugal and want to live the saying, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." I think the "do without" one is the hardest for me. I think being more creative and re-purposing will help me achieve my goal. That means I've got to start using the piles of fabric that I have on hand before I go out and buy more and use up the piles of scraps that are on top of my piles of fabric.
It's going to be a fun year and hopefully my baby will start sleeping through the night so I will have energy and brain power to craft and blog once more. What? How old is he? Yeah, 6 months and still not sleeping through the night. Little stinker. :)
A TOAST to RE-PURPOSING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment