Saturday, June 12, 2010

Not much

My husband and I have been walking every night this week in preparations for our Stake Youth Pioneer Trek. I'm beat and have not been sewing. Tonight my hubby asked, "Are you sewing tonight?" "No, but I've sewn a lot of projects in my head." Hopefully I will have something to show for next week. In the meantime, I hope you all are having a good summer. It really hasn't changed things much in our house. My girls aren't in school yet so each week seems pretty normal.
However, we just established a new rule in our house. NO GUM!!! My girls are crazy about gum and bug everyone for piece if they have it. I had purchased a few packages for a friend because my girls constantly ask her for gum. After getting dinner started, I found an empty package of gum. There were twelve pieces missing and only two small wads of gum in the garbage. My two girls had chewed it all up and my youngest I know is a swallower. At dinner, C's (my younger daughter) tummy was bloated and tight. She was trying to eat her noodles but kept pointing to her tummy and moaning. She was so upset the rest of the night and had diarrhea. We called a 24/7 nurse to see if several pieces of swallowed gum is detrimental. She said she would be fine and that it would pass through her. I think she had boo from the artificial sweetener in the gum. Thankfully, she woke up with a smile on her face this morning and seems fine. We are still waiting for 10 pieces of pink gum to show up. Needless to say, NO GUM in our house!!! Also, I wish I could get a break from my families bodily outputs. But then we couldn't live up to our family motto which is "NEVER A BREAK". How true that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment